Saturday 21 May 2016

BeautyBay Haul


I’ve enjoyed BeautyBay for quite a few years now. It’s great for those luxury beauty brands that you as readily available from your local retailers with an added bonus of free delivery.


I’m almost out of my ALL time fave, holy grail skincare product, Alpha H Liquid Gold. I've been using this little 'facial in a bottle' for years. Fantastic for any uneven skin tone or scarring, blemishes or signs of ageing. This stuff is strong sh*t and I only use it twice a week tops. I personally use it as an intensive overnight treatment, by sweeping a small amount on a cotton pad across freshly cleansed skin and just leaving it solo to do it's work (no moisturisers, serums etc after application). 

The next morning my skin looks clearer, more radiant and plumped. I always use it before an occasion/big event or if my skin is looking tired and dull. It contains liquorice extract to purify and boost vibrancy, the glycolic acid is great for anti-ageing and silk proteins tighten and firm the skin. It stings a little when you first apply it (too harsh to use on the daily) and I can't help but find that incredibly satisfying.


Obviously, one couldn’t resist adding a couple other gems into the basket…

I’ve been loving the Makeup Geek eyeshadows this year and had to try the new contour pan’s to add to my Z-Palette. I got the shade ‘BreakUp’ and it’s the perfect cool toned shade for me. It’s buttery soft and super pigmented, just like the eyeshadows. For the £7.95 price tag, it’s up there with the £35 Kevyn Aucoin Sclupting Powder. I also picked up the Full SpectrumEyeliner from Makeup Geek in black, again incredible opaque colour pay off and super soft on the delicate eye area. Really impressed.

I keep hearing all the YouTube gurus talk about Morphe brushes. I’ve been reaching for my Zoeva brushes of recent but fancied giving these a go (ps.on the subject of Zoeva, I NEED to get my mits on the Cocoa Blend palette!). So far I’m really enjoying them! The quality looks and feels like my higher end brushes, but these won’t break the bank. I picked up the M335 Chubby Blending Buffer brush for concealer (works a treat under the eyes), the M528 Pointed Contour brush for cheekbone contour and the M438 Pointed Contour brush (thinner than the M528, amazing for delicately setting under eyes with powder). I’l be interested to see if they wash up well, so far I haven’t experienced any shedding.

They also threw in a sample of the Beauty Blender Solid Cleanser which I have been wanting to give a go. I’m currently using a Detol soap bar (it’s antibacterial and it works!) but I’ve heard great things about the original Beauty Blender cleanser.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Katie Louise

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig